Today I experimented with a technique I read about on another 365 blog site (Langley 365). He had used Skittles which have more colours. I only had leftover Christmas M & M’s so I tried it with that. I took the lid off the bowl, put on some plastic wrap and then used a dropper to make droplets. You have to make sure you have nice full droplets or you don’t get the desired effect. I tried using a few lenses and found it worked best with the standard lens that came with the camera (18-55mm). I also had to attach my other flash and aim it away from the shot. When I tried using the regular flash there was too much glare.
It was a pretty cool experiment and I’d like to try it again. Maybe I’ll use Skittles next time. However, Peg suggested I use marbles. That is if I haven’t lost them by then. I guess I’ll have to play with it a bit and see what happens. I’ll be sure to post some of my results.