Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 312 - Story Hunting

The Moniques, Monique Polak and Monique Dykstra, came to our class today to share their expertise of writing and photography. They are part of the Quebec Roots program and are mentoring my class. My class is working towards completing a twelve page photo essay about their community. The pages will include different types of writing, poems, interviews, lists, with complimentary photos. The Moniques were very inspiring and helpful today and we're well on our way.
I captured 'S' as she was listening intently about 'hunting' for stories. I've put two versions of the photo here. I prefer the black and white and Peg likes the colour. What about you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the b+w best as well, it makes the background less distracting.

susanvg said...

And I go for the colour - though I think i would play with the colour of the barrette - it is too bright. I like he eys - they are really what I was focusing on (didn't even notie the background until karen mentioned it).

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great program. Instilling an interest in and love of writing is so important.

I definitely prefer the black and white however it is quite underexposed. I would suggest bringing the exposure up in general and perhaps doing a bit more on just the eyes to brighten them. And an 8x10 crop making the right side stop just at the tip of her pencil and the top end just above the top of her head would eliminate the distraction of the person in the background. Just something to think about....