Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 239 - The dreaded cone

Getting around Quebec City continues to be a challenge. It's not out of the ordinary to hit two or three detours from home to school. Keep in mind that we only live 10 Km away. While the detours sometimes let us see parts of the city we wouldn't normally see, it does mean for a longer trip. During the summer this wasn't a big deal but now that we're under a time constraint, the site of these cones is somewhat more stressful.
Unfortunately, the streets will only get busier with students of all ages starting school in the upcoming weeks. I guess the good news is that at the end of the road the streets will be in better shape.
Oh, I did what's called colour-popping with this pic. I took out all the colour and then brushed back the colour in the cone. I got the trick from a magazine called "Top Photoshop Techniques". It was really quite easy and I can see lots more possibilities.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'm really impressed with what you've been doing with Photoshop! Excellent work- you have inspired me to look into it!