Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40 - Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Each Tuesday after school, with help from my techi friend Mike, I run a robotics club at school. Tonight was our second session. Mike taught the guys about input, control and output. We also did a bit of work with flowcharts. Each week we give them a challenge. This week the first part was to have their robot use an erasable marker to draw an arc. Once they did that, Mike and I guided them through some Math and helped them calculate how they would need to adjust their program in order to create a full circle. Some groups even managed a figure 8!
Anyway, I thought the robot would make a good pic. When I look at it I think of Wall-E but as I was looking through the pics to choose one for my blog the song "Mr. Roboto" by Styx started playing in my head. I guess that explains the title of today's blog.

1 comment:

Kristy Johnson said...

What a great shot! (And the Styx song is perfect!)