Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 39 - Unnecessary Destruction

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it's Carnival time here in Quebec. One popular activity is creating ice/snow sculptures. As we were driving home we noticed that some sculptures had been built on a soccer field at the CEGEP near our home. We decided to walk down and check them out, maybe get some pictures. Unfortunately, the thing that struck me most was one of the sculptures had been destroyed. It saddens me to think that some people feel the need/desire (whatever it is) to destroy what others create rather than using the time and energy to create something on their own. While I understand that vandalism is sometimes about making a statement I fail to believe that there isn't a better way to communicate than this.

No comments: