Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 33 - A New Perspective

Over the last few weeks my students and I have been exploring photography and working our way towards completing a self-portrait. Today, I had students bring their cameras to school and brought along mine as well. After reviewing things like angle, perspective, composition, framing, etc., students had the period to take their cameras and look for photo 'ops' around the school. They learned a little bit about flashes and back light as they were experimenting. It was fun to see their excitement when they got the shot they were attempting. I was impressed with their vision and creativity. There were some great pics.
At the end of the period we discussed the experience and talked about what they tried and learned. I asked students to e-mail me their favourite photos, for whatever reason. So far, only one student has e-mailed me so I chose one of her pics for the blog. Hopefully, there will be many more. Thanks 'A'.

No comments: