Sunday, January 20, 2013

For the Birds

One thing I really enjoy is watching the birds in our backyard.  Originally, this feeder was on our Flowering Crab Apple tree in the back near the fence.  It seemed to empty out quite quickly.  I decided I'd like to have a feeder closer to the house to get a better view of the birds.  We bought a new feeder and anchored a post to hang it on.  The birds didn't seem to want to have anything to do with it.  We decided to switch the feeders to see if it was the feeder or the location.  Turns out that they really do prefer this feeder. 
Due to the weather we haven't seen many birds this weekend.  After I took this pic I went outside and cleared off the shelf so the birds could access the food easier.  We'll see what happens once the wind dies down.

1 comment:

susanvg said...

Looking forward to some nice bird shots.