Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58 - And the winner is . . .

The theme is to make a photograph of something that is glowing today. Use any meaning of the word you like. I thought with the Oscars on this evening I would take out my own and snap some shots. I felt a little like a paparazzi :-). One of my students gave me this statuette last year. She told me it was a teacher Oscar. It's not made of real gold but the sentiment behind it is priceless.

Once I took the picture I did some processing in Lightroom. I used the Dark Horse preset and did some playing with exposure. In Photoshop I copied it and put a smaller version up in the right corner but I didn't like it so I took it out. I have to remind myself that sometimes less is more.

Canon XSi
Lens: 100 mm
Focal Length: 100
F/stop: 2.8
Exposure: 1/500
ISO: 200

7 comments:

Gisele said...

very nice gift from your student. you've obviously made quite the impression.

Sandra V. said...

Nicely done - it certainly looks like it's glowing. Congrats on your 'oscar' - you must obviously be a great teacher!

Kristy Johnson said...

Yes, absolutely glowing! Nice work with Lightroom!

Misty said...

What a sweet gesture by your student.

Julie McLeod said...

Better than a moldy apple! I love this shot - your award just glows....

Anonymous said...

that looks real! You must be one heck of a teacher! :)

susanvg said...

I think the gifts from students are priceless - given from the heart.