Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 148 - Got Milk?


While walking around Montreal I saw many tall buildings. I was looking up at one when I saw this milk bottle. It seemed kind of funny to see an old fashioned bottle amongst all the modern day buildings. It reminded me of the stories my dad told me about when he was young. When growing up in Saskatchewan, one of his jobs was to deliver the milk early in the morning. On really cold days he would pack up the buggy, cover up with the blankets and give his horse the signal to start the delivery route. Luckily for him, the horse knew exactly where to stop so he could stay covered up and warm in between deliveries.

1 comment:

susanvg said...

This has been on my list of things to photograph for a while. You beat me to it! It was recently repainted and looks quite spiffy.